Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I meant to show you...

A couple of weeks ago when shopping for a baby shower present at TJ Maxx, we stumbled upon the toy section and found this Harry Potter music box. It plays the movie theme and is a really beautiful tune.

Maybe I haven't mentioned how much I love Harry Potter?

It's the scene where they talk to Sirius Black in the fire. Pushing a button on the back makes the fire light up.

I took it to school and placed it in the library and showed it to my kids, who absolutely loved it. They asked me to play the music over and over. They hadn't really ever seen a music box before and thought that it had a "play" button. I showed them the thing you turn to make it work and explained how they work. It's an abstract concept if you've never seen before.

Go Gryffindor!

It is really hard to see the faces from any angle, but if I held it the right way I could snap this picture of Harry's face.

It has been a very, very busy couple of weeks. Spring break is coming up next week and I will finally have a little time to breathe. I've been working hard on getting a project done for work and it's been consuming my time. But I need a vacation and I am so glad this one is coming.

Pedicure, here I come.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Nifty pics. Good eye. Hope you're well.

JellyBelly said...

Pedicures heal so many things (and yes, I'm saying this as I admire my toes!). I also love the surprises that we find at stores like TJ Maxx! I found myself some new red sandals, now I just hope for warmer weather so I can wear them!