Thursday, April 30, 2009

not much to say, but I'm saying it anyway

Our agency rep called yesterday and said the birthfather is supposed to come in today (thur) to sign his papers. I pray that he actually shows up and does sign; that would be an answer to some serious prayer. We are also supposed to get another update from Vanessa, since she went to the doctor on Wednesday. Her due date is next Wednesday, but she said her first two babies were late, so I am interested to see what her progress is this week.

We have gone ahead and planned a "Welcome Home Baby" Shower for June 27th and we invited so many family and friends. Charlie did the invitations and they were really cute...lots of pink and green. I am nervous about that, of course, because I would hate to cancel.

For those who want to know, we are registered at Target and Babies R Us.

For others who might want to help out with our adoption costs (yes, we are still raising money) there are details on the sidebar. It's a tax free donation if you follow the directions.

I will post more later when I get some more information. Until then, keep up those prayers.

2 comments:

2China4Ayla said...

The invitations are beautiful. I am feeling a fluttering in my own stomach and I know that your stomach must feel like a billion bats have taken up residency.

Melissa said...

i'm glad you're stepping out even in the little things, like planning the welcome home shower. i'm sure it's a bigger step of faith than most would realize. praying and waiting with you!