Saturday, April 4, 2009

could I possibly have better news?

It happened.

On Friday.

We were chosen.

That sounds so weird to me. We were chosen! But we were and have been matched with a birthmom and baby and I can't even wrap my mind around it. Oh my. Breathe.

Let me back up and tell the story correctly.

I took my lunch break around 12:45 and got back to my desk a little before 1:30. I checked my cell phone and I had a message from Kelly at our adoption agency saying "I have a few questions for you, give me a call if you can."

I called.

Kelly filled me in on a few things: someone had donated a check for us, they had received most of our paperwork, they were waiting for clearance from the child molester registry, oh and she met with a birthmother that morning and she had selected us for her baby!

Way to just slip that right in!

I think I said, "that's cool." My mind was blank. It was completely empty. I was frozen to my chair as I listened to her say that the baby would be born in May and it is a little girl.

In MAY. Did you hear that, people? In May! In like, four weeks from now, and that's if she doesn't go early. Wow. In May.

Um, wow.

Now, there are a million things to do. We have to finish up some paperwork and get our ducks in a row. We need baby things. We need a name. We need prayer, cause, remember, this is an adoption and anything can happen.

Whoa, pinch me.

Let me just take a moment and thank my Savior, who has watched over this baby and is placing her in my hands. Let's take a moment and thank this birthmom, who could have made a very different choice. Let's thank our adoption agency for doing what they do everyday.

Now, proceed to do the happy dance.

Oh, and start sending me your hand-me-downs. I'm gonna need em!

6 comments:

Alison said...

I already sent you an email, but this is worth repeating.
Yay! Yay! Yay!
I'm so majorly excited for you two.
What an amazing answer to prayer.

When you have the time, email me your address because I just love to buy baby stuff.
Let me know what you need, too.

I'm smiling big for you right now.

Anonymous said...

Sissy,
Congrats to you both. I have been following your blog. I am so happy for you. I will continue to pray for you, the baby and the mom.

Mommy said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!! I'm just coming off cloud 9 also. We got the call exactly one week (and one hour) before you! We are going to CHINA! I can't wait to meet this precious one God chose for you. He is able to do exceedingly abundantly more than we can ask or imagine....to Him be the GLORY!

HUGS,
M

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! I just found your blog through Melissa over at Stretch Marks! I don't even know you but I'm so HAPPY for you!! I love it! I will be praying for you! A GIRL.... what FUN!! Hairbows, anyone?!

Iowa Birdie said...

Oh Sissy - I just am full of emotion for you even though I have no idea who you are but I have been where you are going. We adopted our little angel 20 months ago. God is sure to bring you on a sweet journey so allow yourself to bask in His goodness and allow Him to carry you through your uncertainties. He is enough. You are complete and full in Him. Rest in His arms as you embark on this life changing moment.

Jami said...

Sissy - I just had to officially comment! I'm so excited for you! I'm sure your mind is spinning as you run around to get it all done! :)

Praise GOD!!!!!