Friday, April 10, 2009

a good thing to pray about

Today I received what I thought was a very frightening phone call. It started like this: "Sissy, this is Kelly (at the adoption agency.) I wanted to talk with you about something that happened. (Heart pounding, here.) The birthfather called. (Insert panic here.) And then my cell phone went all screwy and I couldn't hear her and so I had to tell her I would call her back from Charlie's cell and meanwhile I was starting to get panicked and I could feel the tears coming cause I knew she was going to say that he wanted custody and there went my baby girl.

But no.

Once I got her back on the phone, she started telling me that he called and wanted to sign a relinquishment form. Hallelujah and Amen. If he signs this form now, then there will be less required legally later. He told her that he would be in touch with her on Monday to see about coming in and signing. I think he had been on board in the beginning (to place the baby for adoption) but he and the birthmother had a fight and they haven't been speaking.

So, include us in your prayers this weekend that he will feel peace in signing this form. Let God touch him and show him that we already love this little girl and are making a place for her in our home. I know it's a holiday weekend, but if you all could just squeeze me in and offer up these prayers, I would be so thankful.

Hopefully, I will have good news to share early next week. We do go and meet the birthmom on Wednesday, so I am nervous about that, but I know that it is something that needs to be done. She needs to feel the love, too.

Share the love, folks, and Happy Easter!

7 comments:

emily freeman said...

wow. Talk about your stomach dropping. There is so much involved, so many lives and emotions and situations. I will pray for this birth father this weekend as I think of him.

Frizzy said...

Sissy, I can only imagine what went through your head and heart. Of course I will keep him in my prayers. I recall getting a call from our Social Worker and her telling me Yaya's mom was having a hard time the day before she was to sign the papers relinquishing her rights. It was horrible news from an adoptive standpoint but good also to know she loved her so much. Stay strong! God is faithful! If there is any weekend that proves His faithfulness this is it. Take comfort in knowing and remembering God is in control and will help all involved.

♥Mimi♥ said...

You will receive my prayers without a doubt. All babies need a home with a mother and father...and maybe a little pet or two. I write this on Easter Sunday. What better day for me to find your blog. A day of new beginnings and a fulfilled promise from God Almighty. Keeping you close to my heart...

K.I. said...

you are in my prayers. Everything is going to come together according to God's will. I pray everyone involved will be at peace, including you! God bless.

Alisa said...

I came over from Emily's blog and just wanted you to know that I am praying for you and this sweet little baby that God's will be done in this situation.

Melissa said...

praying for you all, and can't wait to hear new details! i know that this little one already has such a dear place in your hearts, and i can't imagine the amount of anxiety that could be present - but i'll be praying that instead of the anxiety being overwhelming, that you would just present all of it at your Father's feet. He is making a way, and a "place" for this sweetie pie. ;)

cat said...

Saw you at Frizzy's = I will definitely pray for you!