Sunday, August 1, 2010

a party for Charlie

When I asked Charlie what he wanted to do for his birthday, he said that he wanted to have guys over to play Texas Hold 'Em Poker. He sent out a text message to a whole bunch of guys and 12 of them said they would come! It was quite the party!

We got munchies and a cake and sodas and the guys all showed up and had a great time. While they don't actually bet money, they have a good time and Charlie really enjoyed himself.

I hung out in the back bedroom and watched HGTV and Say Yes to the Dress, and occasionally popped out to take pictures. They played until about 10:30 or so and then they sat around and talked about fantasy football.

He said that this is what he wants to do every year from now on, which I guess means that I won't have to be planning any big family birthday parties for him from now on. Just chips and soda and a cake and I'm done. Yay! And I think he had more fun than when I threw him a big party for one of his birthdays a couple of years ago.

And, he did find a Yankees poster that he wants to hang up in his office, so although I didn't get the right one to begin with, he did end up with something he wanted. So, wife isn't that bad, after all.

2 comments:

KT said...

That's my type of party! With our friends, there would be a $5 or $10 buy-in!

Alison said...

Sometimes the simple things are the most appreciated. Gotta love a no muss, no fuss kind of party.