Sunday, January 2, 2011

prayer buddy reveal

I was honored to pray for Teresa at the IF Cross. The thing I love about prayer buddies is that it allows me to focus on someone else and give them my attention. It eases my pain somewhat.

During our Christmas Eve service, my friend Amanda sang a solo while two artists painted pictures on stage. It was amazing, because they only had the time of the song to complete the painting of Madonna and child. I don't even know, can't remember, the song being performed because I was so into the art being created. It was one of the most intriguing things I'd ever seen done at church. I know the song was beautiful, and Amanda's voice is amazing, so the few minutes were lovely.

The image was also lovely, of Mother and Child. There might be a time when that would make me sad, or wistful, but this time it made me hopeful. I don't know what this year will bring, but hopefully I will finish it healthy and happy. My dreams of a child may not come true in 2011, but I pray that I will still be okay with that.

My prayer for Teresa is also a prayer for myself: that we can accept where God has us and be happy in that place.

1 comments:

KT said...

Wow...to have an artist paint must have been amazing! As an architect, I have taken many art courses and wish I had more time to be an artist - so I would have just loved to see this! It might even be something I will mention to my church...as I think so many would enjoy.