Sunday, July 1, 2012

Getting better

HI All!  I hope you've missed me, and I've missed you all, but this last month has been busy and hard and full of tears and laughter and a ton.  I promise that I'm alive, but I've been away from the blogs for awhile and have been living life and healing. 

The last post I wrote was about the panic attacks I'd been having and how I'd been dealing with fear and those weeks were horrible.  But I want to fill you in on the fact that I'm doing so much better.  I haven't had a panic attack in five weeks or so and life is much more calm.  The school year finally ended and I'm on vacation and making plans for some things to do this summer. 

Here are some random thoughts for you:
  • Our school year was two weeks longer than the rest of the county, so that felt like an eternity.  I was a little emotional when it finally finished, but then as soon as it was over, I got sick.  I've got a sore throat and cold and it's been hanging on for over a week. 
  • We're getting ready to paint our den.  Our den is a weird set-up with two doors, it's open to the kitchen, and it serves as the office and the place where the dogs hang out all day.  
  • Because we're going to paint the den, we got rid of the ripped up couch that we were keeping in there and now the dogs are weirded out because they slept on that couch.  
  • I've been watching Gilmore Girls while I've been sick, and I totally wish there was a Luke's Diner around the corner.  The food always looks so good.  
  • We have two sets of dishes, one that I had from being single and one that Charlie had from being single and we've kept both for 8 years because I liked both, but now I'm going to donate them both somewhere and get something new.  I want some plain white dishes, so that I can accent my table with any color I want.  Charlie offered an opinion on the new ones, but said it was ultimately my choice, so that was nice.  
  • We got a pool membership for the summer and have been enjoying going over to swim.  The best thing about it is the baby pool, which I discovered when we invited friends that had babies.  The kiddie pool is a zero entry pool, like a beachfront, so you can sit in three inches of water and let it lap at you. The best.  
  • I've lost almost 16 pounds and am feeling great.  We bought a treadmill and I've been getting on it several times a week and walking.  I would like to lose another 20 pounds or so, so if you have any low fat recipes you'd like to share, I'd appreciate it.  
  • I helped Charlie move our ripped couch out to the curb and it was a comedy of rolling it down our front yard and sliding it out of the house.  
OK, just wanted to give you the updates.  I should have more time in the summer to post and keep up with you all.  The past month has just felt so emotional that getting out my computer has seemed like hard work.

Talk to you again, soon.  

3 comments:

JellyBelly said...

So great to read an update!

We teach to the bitter end of June up here, so it seems like I was in school FOREVER while everyone in the US was already off. I was ready to cry from exhaustion the last week of school.

Can't wait to see the new dishes. We gave away our single stuff when we got married and I love the dishes we registered for. I have a thing for white plates too, as well as white towels. They're just so much easier to clean!

I hope that the panic attacks are a thing of the past. I was having them too and it drove me crazy. I started taking a homeopathic remedy to help me get through the day and even though the attacks have stopped, I still take it.

Happy summer vacation to you!!

maggie may said...

hope you are feeling better by now. and gilmore girls is such a wonderful show. after watching it, i always wanted to live in a small town where they had funny get togethers and actual SEASONS bc texas doesn't really have anything but "hot" and "hotter"

All in His Perfect Timing said...

We just got over a month-long cold/congestion a few weeks ago. I hope this is not what you have!!!
CONGRATULATIONS on losing 16 lbs!!!!! You are a ROCKSTAR!!! I have no low fat recipes (I'll be "borrowing" the ones you get) LOL but need to get cracking in that department just like you're doing now.
It is so nice for new things ... they just brighten your day so much... I hope your new rearrangement/dishes give you more smiles! :-)