Sunday, September 4, 2011

so many prayers

Since I've been keeping my prayer journal this year, I've really started to notice the suffering that is all around us everyday. It isn't that I pray for everyone I know everyday, because most days there is something on my heart that I write about. Other days, I just think of everyone who needs prayer and write a list in my book.

Here is the list I wrote recently:

Lord, please bless and heal:

Donna and Cameron (we lost Uncle Roy to cancer in July)
Crystal, Kaitlyn and Kyleigh (in the loss of Dennis to suicide in May)
a friend from work struggling with depression and mental illness
a blogger friend who lost her husband
another friend who lost his father in July
a friend from church with breast cancer
our adoption agency
any birth mothers that they are working with who are placing their babies for adoption
the students at my school who live in poverty
Charlie's grandmother who is in her last months of life
Charlie and I as we try to patiently wait for a baby
all you bloggers waiting to be pregnant or adopt babies

Long list, huh?

Some days I fill up my pages with longing for a baby. Some days I plead on the behalf of others. I've been praying a lot for our adoption agency and any women they are working with, asking that the Lord touch them and comfort them in this time of decision. There is so much pain and grief out there and I can't pray for it all, but I try to cover my little corner of the world.

If there is something you want me to pray for, just let me know and I'll fit you in! I'm happy to include you in my prayers.

4 comments:

JellyBelly said...

What a good idea! When I say I'm going to pray for someone I try to do it right away, but I'm sure that I would be more effective if I wrote down my intentions.

Btw, thanks for your prayers, you've been in mine too.

Patiently Waiting...... said...

I find this to be a sad but hopeful post all at the same time. Unfortunately, so many people need our prayers but thankfully we have people like you that pray! You remain in my prayers!

Frizzy said...

Sending you love and hugs! You are in my prayers too my dear.

Sami Jo said...

You are awesome, girlly. I'm praying for YOU.