Tuesday, June 28, 2011

adoption un-update

There isn't much to say, or tell, or write about right now. Well, except for the conversation I had with our case worker, who told me I have all the bases covered when it comes to finding an adoption situation and that I need to sit back and let God handle it.

Telling this to a "gotta get it done kind-of girl" is just not what I wanted to hear.

It is hard. To let go. And let God.

She did say that domestic adoptions had been down this year but that everyone seems to be seeing a rise in calls and visits in the past couple of months. She said to keep praying that the calls turn into decisions turn into matches.

So, that's the update. All I got for you right now.

6 comments:

Alison said...

This is one heck of a patience tester, isn't it? I'm still praying it'll happen SOON. And at this rate, when you do get a baby, you're going to be the most patient mother EVER. :)

Maria said...

There seem to be period droughts in the adoption world. It has to rain some time. Continuing to lift you guys up in prayer.

Frizzy said...

AMEN SISTER!

the misfit said...

It IS a relief to know that you're doing all you can, though, right? As the get-it-done girl, it strikes me that the only thing worse than "there's nothing more you can do" is "you failed to do something that would have helped." Part of me worries that I will in fact get pregnant on one of the treatments I am now trying before my much-anticipated retirement from treatment on my 30th birthday - and it will be a treatment I had heard of 2-3 years ago and had been slowly working my way toward doing, and that would have been "all it took." And I would spend the rest of my life counting the additional babies I would have had if I had just started with that! But that would be a good problem to have, and one that I am not likely to have.

Anyway - sorry for dumping my little brand of craziness on you. I guess what I'm trying to say is: you're not crazy, or at least, you're not the only one. And this whole patience thing had better pan out soon!!!

Patiently Waiting...... said...

I don't know what to say....the waiting is so incredibly difficult. Just know that the waiting is leading to the RIGHT child meant to be with you!

Frizzy said...

Thinking about you today my friend. It's been a rough week for me in our wait. I hope you are fairing well. Have you seen this post? I find it's so true.

http://womenlivingwell.org/2011/06/waiting-on-god/

Thinking of you today and praying for an end to our wait very soon.