Wednesday, September 8, 2010

my cute niece

This lovely holiday weekend we attended a 90th birthday celebration for Charlie's grandmother, Virginia. Charlie's mother asked me to take pictures at the party, and I was all ready to, but my camera battery started blinking as soon as I turned it on. Seems Charlie had taken pictures the other day and returned my camera to the bag with it turned on.

I got a couple of pictures of the crowd, including this one of Jessica and Cheyenne (my niece). Aren 't they cute?

The party was nice and I think Grandma enjoyed it. It was kind of a surprise party, but we didn't shout "surprise" or anything. We didn't want to scare her or anything, seeing as she is 90. The whole family was there and although I had never been to the rest home where she lives (she's only been there a few months) and it was lovely. More like a hotel than a nursing home. My mom was with us too, and she really liked the look of the place. We were joking that she has picked out a new home for when she's older.

My temp job is going well, although it is only day 2. I am learning quite a bit about new computer systems, which I like. I like to learn new things.

Okay. That's my update for you. I know it is sad and skimpy and not really full of information. Our bathroom is almost finished, so I will have more pictures of the remodel soon. Suffice it to say that it has taken more time and more money than we thought it would, but don't all projects need more time and money? Soon, people, soon. Yes, Misfit, I know you want them sooner rather than later.

4 comments:

Maria said...

Excedingly cute! Glad you're working and adjusting to these changes. Looking forward to remodel pics.

Alison said...

I'm glad your temp job is going well. Can't wait to see your remodel pictures.

KT said...

But when the bathroom is done...you will enjoy it! We remodeled a few years ago, and I still love it today!

Jamie said...

I work at a retirement community that is like a hotel as well. It is not a nursing home. I think most people are surprised when they walk in.