Friday, December 5, 2008

stepping out on faith

This week I asked a lot of questions and I was asked a lot of questions. As I have shared with people that we are adopting, they are usually curious. And I can't blame them, I would be curious too. Are we doing foreign or domestic? How long will it take? Would we want a boy or girl?

And the answer right now is that we're in the paperwork stage. We have to send off our Statements of Faith and then if those are approved we get the longer, more complicated application. We are pursuing a domestic adoption, and it could take anywhere from six months to two years. We are open on the sex of the baby, but in my heart I would love a daughter. I don't know if we will be able to afford to adopt only once, or if we will get to do this again. That's all up to God.

I am learning how to digital scrapbook in preparation for the family profile book we will need to make, but we won't need that for awhile. We have to show our family, our house, some holidays and things we enjoy doing together. I think it will be fun to put together.

That's the update for now. Keep us in your prayers this holiday season. We have not asked anyone for presents, since all we really need is donations for our adoption. It costs a lot and we are stepping out on faith here.

3 comments:

Frizzy said...

I am loving going through this journey with you. Thank you for sharing as it brings back so many of my own memories. Also, check out Walmart or Snapfish.com. You can upload your own pics to a book and they'll bind and print it for you. I've made several books as gifts this way. They are a huge hit and would be a great way to show off your family for an expecting mommy.

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Sissy - I clicked on your profile and found your new digs! I'm excited for you...I know this was a long time coming. God's love is perfect as is His timing. May your baby continue to grow in your hearts as He prepares her for you (or him...)

:)
Karin

Mommy said...

Hey Sissy!

Thanks for stopping by. I found this blog over the weekend but didn't have time to comment. I am SOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!! Families come to all of us in different ways. However they come, all are equally as MIRACULOUS in their own way! I am praying God will send you a healthy happy baby to fill your heart with joy.

Hugs,
M