Thursday, December 11, 2008

in the mail

We mailed off our Statements of Faith on Monday and we are waiting for their approval. I keep checking my email, in hopes that there will be a (1) in my inbox with the next set of paperwork, but it hasn't come yet. I think that this whole experience will be a lesson for me in patience. Waiting for paperwork to get there, waiting for the approval, waiting to be chosen by a birthmother, waiting for the baby to be born. Wait, wait, wait.

In the meantime, I need to enjoy these months as a wife. Hopefully, I will soon be a mother and I know that life will bring many different things. I need to be savoring this time with my husband instead of wishing the baby here already. I guess life is about being content where we are, and reaching for a little bit more. More of His grace, more of His joy, more of His love. We can all use more.

So here, I sit. Typing. Talking to you all instead of driving myself crazy with an inbox that doesn't change. It will soon.

2 comments:

Frizzy said...

This week's Bible study was on this precise topic. Being content with where we are and what we have. God has everything planned out. All we have to do is sit down, hold on and pray as we go along for the ride of our lives. I remember getting each piece of our paperwork done and then waiting for the next round of paperwork to begin. Just think of it this way...This is the easy part of parenting. Once the baby arrives is when the "Fun" really begins. Hee hee hee!

Alison said...

I know it's hard to be content when you want something so badly, but take it from me (since I'm three days older and SO much wiser ;) enjoy your time alone with Charlie. Take a couple of weekend getaways. Enjoy movies and peaceful dinners out. Sleep in on saturday mornings.
Your life is going to change so much (for good!) but if you're like me, you'll also long for the quiet couple time that ceases to exists once baby comes. But no matter what, it's all worth it. You'll be a great mom!