Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring is FINALLY here!





So, the week of Easter came and went and it was still pretty cold here in NC. We had sleet and freezing rain on Thursday!  Saturday, however, was actually really nice and we took Jackson on his first trip to a neighborhood park.  It is a really nice park, maintained by both the city and the Tanger Corporation.  There are pretty trails, a brick gazebo to get married, a creek and picnic tables, plus benches and grass everywhere.  It was the first time Jackson has touched grass, as our backyard is mostly mulch (the husband's weird idea) and so the park was a lot of fun.  We had so much fun, in fact, that we packed a picnic dinner and went back tonight. 

Jackson will be 9 months old tomorrow and he is doing many things:
  • using a sippy cup
  • the army crawl 
  • eating bananas and macaroni noodles
  • he has 7 teeth!
He still doesn't really have much hair and I am dying to see how it comes in.  His birth mother had straight brown hair and the birth father had blondish-brown wavy hair.   I'm so curious to see what grows! 

We've started thinking/planning for his first birthday party.  He's the only one of the grandkids with a summer birthday, so we're going to have it at the pool.  Any tips on throwing a first birthday without breaking the bank? 


3 comments:

All in His Perfect Timing said...

Oh, I LOVE the pictures of Jackson! It was just yesterday, I swear, that he was a baby! :-/
He is ADORABLE! I love his smile! And those bunny ears. :-)
First birthdays ... I'm not a planner, but we did some decorations & a cake / smash cake ... it was low key with family. We took lots of pictures. All my plans to purchase things off of etsy & make things off of pinterest were a bust. As long as you have a cutie-patootie like Mr. Jackson, the day will be perfect with him in a birthday hat!

Maria said...

Precious, precious little boy. Glad you're enjoying these sweet holidays and milestones. Can't believe you're thinking of his birthday already.

The Fine Art of Motherhood said...

I personally love themes and for my eldest daughter's first birthday, I did a storybook theme party - I made an invitation on the computer - typed up a little story about her, put her picture on the outside, folded 1 piece of 8-1/2 x 11 in fours like a book, and tucked a little ribbon inside as a bookmark. I invited everyone to come dressed as their favorite storybook character - it was fun! Harry Potter, Wizard of Oz characters, Alice in Wonderland characters - everyone was a good sport and joined in the fun! For my youngest daughter's first birthday, I took a picture of her with all of her Winnie the Pooh stuffed animals and used that on an inexpensive photo card online as an invitation. She has a summer birthday too and we had a Pooh Pool Party -- we invited everyone to come dressed in a red t-shirt like Pooh -- and they did! Some red helium filled balloons for decorations and I got our bakery to make a honey pot cake with little marzipan bees with almond slice wings -- super cute! And for both I got a separate little cake for the girls to destroy -- I mean, eat -- themselves! Enjoy and congratulations!!